
This is what I am working on. My African Safari quilt. It's the class I took about a month before I left for our journey west. You start off with 12 different fabrics, 12" squares. You stack them all on top of each other and put the pattern (picture 1) on top. You cut through all 12 layers......9 different pieces.Then the funny part, you move 1 piece of Number 1 to the bottom of the pile......2 pieces of piece 2, and so on til you get to #9. You move 9 pieces on top to the bottom. Then you start to sew, piece 1 to # 2. Number 3 to number 4 and so on. After each sewing you have to stop, iron, trim, and start again. Once you finish up with all 12 blocks, you stack another 12 pieces of 12" fabric, and continue on. You end up doing 36 squares. None of the squares are the same. After they are sewn and cut, they only end up being 9 1/2 inches. When I finish all the squares, I sew them together, add a boarder, and I'll be ready to put it all together. I'm getting real good with sewing straight seams. It's about time though.
I talked to Christy this morning. She still sound miserable. Any ideas on how to perk her up?
If so, let me know.
Have a good day!
She can start planning the month of Mandy!!
ReplyDelete