Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Tuesday's events

I didn't post until late yesterday because I was busy. We got up, had breakfast, cleaned up our mess, said good bye to everyone and left about 10:00 AM. We headed straight for Ace hardware, looking for squirrel feeders and fabric. We hung out there then headed to Granny's Quilts. After there we hit the road heading to Vegas. The first sign we saw that said Cracker Barrel we headed that way, then on to Vegas.

Kurt had told us to stay on highway 15 til we got to 215. I had asked Sherrill to read the signs.....but as soon as he saw the race track, road signs were the last thing on his mind. Anyway, while going around a big truck I caught a glimpse of a sign 215 two miles. I started complaining...."Sherrill what did that sign say?" He is still looking at the race track of course! I'm saying :Sherrill it's the 215 do we get off here...are we going east or west." Sherrill is in a daze, dreaming of a good race. I'm yelling, "Do i take it, Do I take it". Sherrill is still in a daze. OOOPppps, there goes 215. Missed it entirely. So, there's nothing else to do but call Kat. Driving in Las Vegas traffic, I can't talk on the phone, and Sherrill doesn't know how to use MY phone.
So, we are up the Creek again. We have to take the Sahara Ave exit, find a place to pull over, and call Kat. She's out picking up Eli from school. I try to tell her where we are, and she doesn't believe me. "No Kat, really, I'm in Vegas. I'm on the 25oo block of Sahara. " I finally convince her where I am, and she gives us directions. I'm still aggravated with Sherrill for NOT reading the signs. He was the co pilot. That was HIS job! Anyway, we get to Kat's safe and sound.
Now I have access to my laptop, pictures, and everything I need. So, I will try to get some pics posted today. I haven't heard from Christy yet this morning. She doesn't like getting up til around noon. I'll post more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment