Mom called Sunday night to tell me about their excitement. Saturday night mom was in bed talking to Aunt Jane on the phone (as usual) and dad was in the den watching TV. They both heard the alarm signal go off. Mom runs to the living room to see what's going on, and dad runs to the kitchen. Then mom sees dad head to the utility room, so she follows. When he opens the door a plume of black smoke and soot enters the kitchen. Mom is convinced the house is on fire. Dad calmly walks to the utility room, flips a switch, and after awhile the smoke subsides.By this time mom has inhaled smoke and fumes that she said is irritating her lungs, so she had dad open the windows in the house.
So, this was Saturday night and they have been without heat every since. I haven't checked in with them today. I'll be sure to let you know if I hear anything.
I guess all those times Larry told us he had to crack the water in the toilet before he could flush, could just might become a reality!
Update......They now have heat!
ReplyDeletePoor grandma. I was waiting for you to say something like Brandon walked in the house. That would make them scream. I'm glad they are doing fine.
ReplyDelete