Christy calls the house today and what does she get, " Sorry the number you have dialed has been disconnected". So, she calls Sherrill on his cell phone to tell him. He tells her that he will run down and pay the phone bill and he will call her back. In the meantime, she calls Mandy to tell her about the problems mom and dad are having. Mandy goes on to tell Christy that dad has been out of work for a couple of months, and that she has been looking for jobs for him on the internet. I'm sure by now Christy is really concerned. Then Mandy breaks the real news to her...... mom is changing over t0 digital phone, that's probably why things are disconnected!
It doesn't end there. When they hook up the cable, they unhook my linksys. Now I can't get online on my laptop. Oh well...... that's another day!
Then, I spend the day getting tax stuff ready for Sherrill and for my dad. I get the W2's ready to print, and guess what, the printer won't feed them through. It only takes typing paper, not the carbon pages like the W-2's. Oh SHOOT!
Finally I go to sit down to watch TV, and I pick up the old remote by mistake. The TV goes dead.
I push all the buttons on the new remote, but to no avail. No problem, I'll call Mandy. She's the expert for this. No luck.......she hasn't a clue. She hears Sherrill in the background, "Well I guess we will just sit here and look at a black screen!" Then....what does SHE do. She calls Christy. They get another good laugh. I have to get the instruction manual out which plainly states....DO NOT CALL TIME WARNER BEFORE READING THIS. So, I sit and read while Sherrill and Jack
are fuming. There it is plain as day......TV must be on channel 3 or 4. What! That's simple.
I fixed it!
So I continue to watch tv, dad and Jack have gone to bed, and Sherrill is going tomorrow to get some W2 forms that the printer can print.
All is well in the world! The one highlight of the day was getting cards from Tristen and Nate.
Thanks kids!
Good night to all!
Sorry but it really was too funny. :)
ReplyDelete