Saturday, January 9, 2010

Get "ON" your Butt

I subscribe to a newspaper from Lexington County, SC. It's editor is Jerry Bellune. I am always amazed with some of his writings. He often says the things I am too afraid to say in public.
I just pulled this off his blog.

http://jerrybellunesblog.blogspot.com/

Get 'on' your butt
Been told to get off your butt and do something?My advice: Get 'on' your butt and do something.Many of my friends are amazed that I write so much.Big surprise. That's what writers do. My advice:Park your butt in front of your computer and write.You don't need to be a brain surgeon.In fact, brilliance may hurt you.Business guru Peter Drucker discovered this. He wrote:“Brilliant men are often strikingly ineffectual."They think an idea by itself is an achievement.It's not. You must act on your insight.I've taught writers with far more talent than I. I taught them in newsrooms and college classrooms.How many of them have written even one book?I can count them on one hand.Do you have a book in you? Of course, you do.Will you ever write it? That's up to you.I write a minimum of three hours a day."I don't have time for that," you say.Nonsense. I'm as busy as you are. Just do it.Or admit that you don't have the will to do it.Enough ranting. I wish you a great 2010.Get off your butt or on it. Make it a great year.

So everyone..........Get ON YOUR BUTT and get to writing! ! ! !

No comments:

Post a Comment