School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
The people you meet.......
I went with my dad to the Dr's office today. As we walked in, I looked around, and there was only one gentleman waiting to be seen. He gave a big smile and "Hello", and looked at dad as he signed in at the register. He kept smiling at dad as if he wanted to talk with him. Dad just smiled, nodded, and gave a brief "Hello". Dad sat down with his magazine, totally ignoring the gentleman.
The man was dressed in a suit, gray hair, someone I knew I had seen before. I didn't know who he was, but it was obvious he knew dad. The nurse called him back, using only his first name. As he left the room I turned to dad and whispered,"Do you know that man"?
"Well, kinda, sorta, dad replied." "Who is he", I asked. "Oh, that's Mr Twiford, he owns the funeral home". I couldn't help but laugh. I looked at dad, smiled and said "Oh, he's waiting for you to make a reservation". Dad busted out laughing, which got me going. We were both heeing and hawing.
I had recognized the man from the funeral home ads.
After a good laugh, dad continued to tell me a story about seeing the old undertaker in his small hometown as a boy. Someone had asked the undertaker if he knew who dad was, and the undertaker replied, " I could pick out that hide in a tannery."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment