Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just another day........

   I received a phone call last night from my dad. In his very slow soft voice he said "Judy, have you got my stuff for the accountant?" I told him no dad, I haven't entered the last 4 months of business info. He quickly replies,"Well, I can read you what you need." Now, my dad is really easy going, and never has anything to say out of the way. But, you can always tell in the sound of his voice when he really wants something done.....NOW! So I tell him OK, and he gets his checkbook out, sits at the table, and starts with Sept 1 to read me all the checks he has written on his business account. I quickly write down check number, date, Payee, amount. He gives me the final balance, to make sure we both get the same. We get it all done and end our call.
  I go ahead and sit down at the computer and enter all the info he has just given me. I have to call him back, we are a little over Three thousand dollars off. We start again in September, and in just a few minutes find out problem and get things corrected. Before we get off the phone he reminds me that he is ready to take it to the accountant.
  I get up this morning, and start working on the reports. I have to stop for awhile to send out two estimates for Sherrill, but finish them up after lunch. By 2:00 I am faxing the stuff to dad. I call him to make sure his fax received it, and yes, he was sitting in the office as it was coming through. He happily tells me that he is off right now to go to the accountant.
  I wonder if he spent most of his day in the office waiting by the phone/fax. Now, we all know that you can't even file taxes until the end of the month, but dad has always wanted to be one of the first in line for taxes.
  Now, he can rest, with one less stress off him, and I can rest for a couple more days. I still have dad's W-2's to get out, W-3's, and 941. Then I start with Sherrill's. I hate tax season!
 I have already spent about 6 hours at the computer, and my eyes are getting a little tired.
 I have forgotten what it is like to work an 8 hour day. Whew, I'm glad I am old and retired!
 Kudo's to all you youngn's that still work, and to those who stay at home and raise my darling grand babies, and to those that do both!

No comments:

Post a Comment