Tuesday, January 15, 2013

How Many Buttons.........


How many buttons do you have to push to watch a movie? 
Answer......... it seems like a thousand.

  I received a Roku for Christmas. James hooked it to the tv for me, and went through to show me the buttons to push to get to Hulu. A week or so later, Sherrill and I decided to go through the steps to see it we had it right. BEEP. Wrong answer. We had problems.
  So, one night I called Kat to get her to walk me though the steps. This is what I have to go though just to watch Roku.
1. turn on TV remote
2. turn on cisco remote
3. turn on tv on cisco remote
4. turn on/ wake up Roku......(press the house sign)
5. press the input button on TV remote
6. scroll down to HDMI 2
7. press enter
8. wait for roku to load
9. scroll to Hulu Plus ........ or wherever I am going
10. go to computer and type in email address, password, and Roku number
11. go back to Roku and scroll to find movie/ tv show
12 .low volume, find cisco remote turn up volume
13. low volume, find universal remote, turn up volume
14. still low volume, deal with it.
15. tv show selected, it starts to play
16. pause tv show. Dinner on the table. Go eat.
17 Return to Roku. Screen is blue. have to start all over again.

  This is my life with Roku. It is getting better though. Now we can finally select and start a movie in 20 minutes or less. We have watched Craig's list Joe and The 2001 movie The Proposal (not the Sandra Bullock one).
  Now that I have the list here, when I forget a step, I won't have to call Kat. I can just go back and follow my own instructions. I'm still having problems with the volume thing. Why does it have to take 3 remotes and a million buttons to watch a simple movie?
  Since I have become somewhat "trained" with Roku, Kat said the next lesson will be on Amazon movies. Wish me luck on that one! I can just see a bill coming in the mail for hundreds of dollars for movies I have ordered that I thought were FREE!


1 comment:

  1. Ok, when you figure out the Amazon movies. Please let me know. I have prime and still don't know how to watch my free movies

    ReplyDelete