Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What did you create today?



About 2 years ago I went to the fabric shop to purchase some material for a quilt. I had decided to make it for my sister, but had to use purple, because that's MY favorite color. I came home, cut out the blocks and sewed them together on my old Singer. I didn't care if the blocks didn't match up, and I knew Debbie wouldn't mind either. So here I sit, two years and one month later finally quilting this quilt. I had to go back to the fabric store today to buy additional fabric for the binding, and guess what, I had bought the quilt thread just ONE year ago, so I guess I am improving. I sure hope it doesn't take me two years to quilt this thing!

Dear sister of mine, one day you will be getting my 'specially made, thrown together practice quilt that I made just for YOU. No matter if it gets there in the middle of the summer, or the cold winter, I know you will love it anyway. One thing though, please don't let the deers, squirrels, dogs, rabbits, etc use it for their bed. Save it for the Grandkids!

And.....notice the quilting frame? Kat bought it for me a year or so ago. It kept falling apart, but Sherrill finally fixed it for me. It works like a charm! Thanks Kat, and thanks Sherrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment