Last night Sherrill and I were sitting back talking, and I realized that his dad had died the first week in August. I couldn't remember the date, so I decided to look it up this morning. He has passed away on August 3, 1980. That was 32 years ago. Whew, that's a long time.
He was such an easy going, laid back kind of person that enjoyed swinging under the shade tree. I think he liked staying outside so much to get away from the women inside.
We miss you!
Mama don't do that! I read the headline and thought it was Jamie that died. I was in shock that I had to find out the news on the blog. But then I read the post. Not cool Ma! I really did think it was about Jamie.
ReplyDeleteChristy you too??!!
ReplyDeleteWell Kelli, I guess that just means we should read the fine print more often. :)
ReplyDeleteJames is alive, and doing well. He has actually been painting his house!
ReplyDeleteI'll try to be more thoughtful.
And for the record, our JAMES was not even born until 1981. I guess next time I better put a picture first!