Today after lunch Sherrill and Jack went to take a nap, so I decided I'd vacuum the house (trying to get a jump on tomorrow's chores). I get everything done, then head to my room. I am just zooming right on along, and saw a lizard sunning in front of my sliding glass door, inside, on the carpet. "SHERRILL", I yelled at the top of my voice. He jumped out of bed and came to the rescue. There that little lizard was, just sunning himself, he didn't even move. Sherrill asked for something to catch him with. WHAT! Just reach down there and grab him. I handed a pink bandanna I had washed for Meghan. He reached down, covered the lizard and scooped him right up. He carried him outside and released him on the back patio (that's where the lizards like to hang out). He walked away like one of his back legs might have been injured. But, he's alive.
I have to tell Carter about my hurt lizard. He has been collecting bugs, and I keep telling to release them at night so they can go find their moms. He will be looking real close for my lizard.
This lizard reminded me of Grandma Cat's lizard story.
I had carried mom to Florida to see Aunt Louise. I stayed in a hotel, but mom wanted to stay with her sister. The both of them were sleeping in the same bed when mom felt something on her leg. They pulled the cover back and there was a lizard. Mom started screaming, and Aunt Louise just picked up the lizard, threw him against the wall and said, "Go on to bed Cat, he's dead now". Believe me, the next day mom moved in the hotel with me
I'm just glad this lizard decided to stay on the floor and not get on the bed.
Sherrill said he (the lizard) probably came in last week when they were working on the spa. They had left the door open while going in and out.
I'll be looking extra close before I go to bed tonight!i
No comments:
Post a Comment