Sunday, August 26, 2012

Some Good Eating

   There's been some good eating around this place!  Last week while Sherrill and I were in Mt Olive we went by the "pig store" (Piggly Wiggly). I wanted a pineapple cream cheese cake and Sherrill wanted coconut. They sell them whole, and half. So, I was able to get my 1/2, and Sherrill got his 1/2 coconut. He got a little sad and said it reminded him of his mom's coconut cake. He has eaten all of his, but I still have one slice waiting for my bedtime snack.
   We had a great lunch today. Since it has cooled down, I can use my oven more (I hate a hot kitchen). So today was baked chicken, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, and beans. Our bellies are full now. He's out walking Jack, and I am in charge of moving the sprinkler while he is gone. Gotta water that rye grass. The seeds cost too much to let it die.
  It's been a quiet and peaceful day. Sherrill and Jack were able to get a nap without the phone or doorbell ringing. I sat back and watched movies and read. Now that's the life!
  I think the schools here start tomorrow. I will be hearing the air brakes coming down the road.
Do they have air brakes? Whatever they are, they are loud.
  Hope all of you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment