Thanks Abby for helping me get the house back in order.
We got out a lot of dust and dirt, but then the smoke came.
I was cooking pork chops, and had the oil heating on the stove, and a fire started under the burner. I was trying to put the fire out while I was talking to my mom on the phone. The smoke detector was doing its job making noise. It just beeped FOREVER! Then the door bell rang. My grease is still on the stove, the detector is beeping, and I am off to answer the door. Carter softly asks, "Grandma, are you OK?" Yep, but I have a fire. I go to the back of the house to get a fan to blow on the smoke detector to stop it. Back to the kitchen to check on my grease, all the while trying to explain to Carter where the fire was and why the smoke detector makes so much noise. After switching frying pans, and burners, I get those pork chops in the pan. I don't know what was under that burner. That's the one Sherrill uses for his bacon, and we can't do without our bacon. Looks like I will be scrubbing a stove tomorrow.
The pork chops turned out nicely thank you!

That's nice that car-car is looking out for you...and Abby for helping you get your house in order.
ReplyDeleteoh..sooo sweet!
That was awesome of Abby and Carter. I know that helped alot. But I must admit about the fire I started when I was back home. I think I did burn a pot in the process.
ReplyDeleteI know, blame it on the pot!
ReplyDeletewell, what do you do when you hear a smoke detector going off when you are outside? if it's not yours, it MUST be the neighbors!! so carter was sent to make sure grandma judy was alright :)
ReplyDeleteOk, well I have to tell you might not want to become neighbors with me. The same thing happened here and that 3 smoke detectors were going off for like 12 hours before the cops were called. I noticed it around 9am and again at 12 and 1 and 3pm and still at 5pm. It took my other neighbor to call the cops at 9pm. When asked why I didn't call the cops, I just said I didn't think of it. So the cop tells me not to live beside him.
ReplyDelete