Wednesday, April 4, 2012

It's that time again........

Tax time that is!
Laundry is done, kitchen cleaned, and cake baking in the oven. Now it's time to get down to the REAL business, taxes. I hate it, i hate it, I hate it! Kathy tells us every year she will do our taxes, and every year Sherrill says NO.
It's simple enough entering all the data into Quicken. And Sherrill has figured out along the way to pay EVERYTHING by check, just to leave a good paper trail. My problem is that as I enter the info into
Turbo Tax up at the top it tells you exactly how much you owe at that point.
Every year as soon as I add in all the income from the 1099's the total at the top is astronomical. Then I add in the expenses, and it goes down quite a bit. Then I add in the rental info, and back up it goes. Then there are more expenses with that. The up and down of the "Total taxes owed" is like a nightmare. And then you have to explain to Sherrill why Jack's vet bills can't go under medical.
Sherrill always picks out a number in his head how much he THINKS he owes, then I have to come up with receipts to match that. I'm telling you, it's stressful. That's why I always wait to the last minute to get this job done. Anyone want to help? Added to that, we have to move all the furniture out this weekend
to get ready for the floor man. I don't know where I am going to set up the Mac.
Another day another dollar, or a few thousands!

3 comments:

  1. I'll come clean once the floor is done, and furniture gets put back in where it goes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I want to see James cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, next time i will put Abby says....
    yea, he doesn't even clean his house, must less someone else's!!

    ReplyDelete