Yesterday I was sitting in Walgreen's watching the people go by. An older black lady (mid 70's) stopped by the area, looked at me and politely siad' "Is this where we wait for our prescription refills"? I told her yes, and she replied,"I didn't know for sure, and I didn't want to invade on anyone's privacy". I just nodded and smiled. I quickly realized this lady is NOT from around here. How I came to that conclusion was the way she was dressed. She was wearing a brown twill suit with black high heeled boots, black purse, and a tan beret.
Everyone knows that the weather here has been up in the 80's and everyone has put their suits away. Next arrives her husband,"Excuse me "Mam, may I sit here". He is dressed in blue jeans with sharp creases in the legs. Looks they must have come right out of the cleaners, a dress shirt, leather coat and matching shoes. All I can think of is "they must be from up north". In the mean time I am sitting there in flip flops.
Then I stopped to think..... When was the last time you ironed your spouses jeans, and put creases in them? And, when was the last time you wore a suit with matching boots, bag, and hat?
The pharmacist finally called her name, "Mrs Atkinson". Yes, she looked like she could be a Mrs Atkinson, someone to be noticed, some one that made a good impression, especially on me!
I'll make sure I go a put creases in all of Kurt's jeans and then say "Momma told me too"
ReplyDelete