Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My new Modem


Isn't she just a jewel?
No, I am NOT bragging. If you have been to my house to watch me sitting in front of the computer trying to watch a youtube video when every 15 seconds the thing starts "buffering", you would agree something was totally wrong. First I thought it was the internet carrier. who would have thought it was the modem.  Did you know different modems can handle different speeds. My old modem was good for download speeds of 3 mbps. Well, this baby can do a whopping 188 mbps. Too bad my carrier only gives me 15-24 mbps. I am flying now! When you rent a modem from the carrier, it gives them even MORE control of your max speed.
  You can also hook up 5 or more networks. That means when the grandkids want to play online games, they can have their own network and password. Pages that use to take a couple of minutes to load, now are there in just one click.
 Life is AMAZING. I'm glad I am finally keeping up with modern times. Online classes will be a breeze now! I had to cut one short last week just because of the slow downs. GoodBye AT&T.
Let's roll Road Runner!
  PS  In a few weeks when I start complaining, please remind me about this post!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment