Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Avoid Stress

   Avoid Stress,
   Yep, that's what the Dr said. Now please tell me, how can ANYONE live with Sherrill McKeel and Jack and avoid stress? Sunday night he was in the bathroom throwing up, started the "wailing and gnashing of teeth", and told me he was having a heart attack. I run to my room, grab the blood pressure monitor, bottle of aspirin, cup of water, and phone. Run back into the bathroom, give him two aspirin to chew up, check his blood pressure, and pick up the phone. He wanted to know who I was calling, and I told him 911. He was furious. He told me to put the phone down I wasn't calling anyone. Understand now, this was like the 3rd or 4th time I had gotten up with him. In the meantime Jack is on the bed barking his head off (the bed is too high for him to jump off). So, Sherrill is yelling at Jack, yelling at me, and I just tell him,"Get your butt up, quit whining, go get in the bed, prop yourself up, don't pull the covers up to your head, stay cool, and I'll bring you a pan to put on the nightstand if you need it. If I hear you yelling one more time, I'm calling 911.
  He goes to bed, I leave my door open and listen to him and Jack breathe for the next hour and a half. I finally get up, close my door, and go to sleep.
  We are both up at 6:00 the next morning and the first thing he said," I got up one more time last night, and you didn't get up with me." I explained to him that I didn't  hear him, and that I was glad he could handle it on his own. He said he really was hurting in his chest, and thought he was having a heart attack. I reminded of how much food he had eaten at dinner, plus his 2 bedtime snacks, topped off with a big glass of pepsi. There's no wonder he was having pains in his chest.
  I guess I can't complain......he has gone out to pick up medicine for me, and has been helping with dishes and sweeping. I just need to get him to "toughen up". I called Kat Monday with my dilemma and asked her how should I have handled it. She told me I should have gone back to my room, called James, and let him deal with his dad. I wonder if that would have worked.
  Anyway, I guess I'm going to have to start meditating, doing yoga, or something.
  Today I found this on youtube. It's my favorite song ever. As a matter of fact, Joe Roller has agreed to sing it for me at my funeral. So, I'm just sitting back, "Chillin", listening to my music. Looking through the pictures I can identify different pictures with people e.g.. Mandy the dolphin, Meghan the flamingos, Jerrud the eagle, Aunt Pauline the hummingbird, and so on.



Which picture can you identify with? Sorry Luke, there are no pigs!

No comments:

Post a Comment