School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Thursday, September 27, 2012
Low Carb ........What!
Sherrill and I decided to go on a low carb meal plan. I don't think that in the beginning he realized he had to give up his Little Debbie oatmeal cakes, his potatoes, and cookies. Now there are fruits, lots of vegetables, and enough protein to feed the entire neighborhood. His evening snack now consists of jello and cool whip, and mine is yogurt. It's really hard with meal planning. Up until now I don't think he ever ate a meal that didn't have a potato or mac and cheese. Last night we had meatloaf, cabbage, and mixed vegetables. It just wasn't the same without real mashed potatoes. One night we did break bad and cooked two potatoes on the grill. Now they were good.
I took two potatoes and cut them in wedges (6) per potato. I tossed the wedges in some olive oil and seasoning. I wrapped the potatoes in aluminum foil, and put them on the grill. After they got done, I took them out of the foil, put them directly on the grill and let them brown. Now they were GOOD. The next time I will do just one potato, and we will share.
Sherrill is getting in shape so he can race Cindy again the next time he sees her. He's convinced that if he is on level ground he can beat her. The mountains in Branson were just too steep for the old man.
He's ready to put her on a sandy beach to see what she can do. My vote is still Cindy.
I think there are 3 Little Debbie oatmeal cakes left in the closet. I'm waiting to see who goes for them first!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I will be the one sitting back eating those last 3 oatmeal cakes. Then buying more
ReplyDelete