Friday, September 21, 2012

Grandma Who?

   I was getting together some pictures of grandparents the other day for Lauren. She had to make a poster for Grandparent's Day. Since I have some of these photos readily available, I thought I'd go ahead and post them so you can see from whence you came!
So, here's Grandma Cat and Grandaddy Joe. Of course you know who they are.
   And then there is Grandma Naomi (mom's mom).
 Here's a picture of Grandma Naomi with Aunt Louise and Grandma Cat.

And here is Grandma Naomi with Kathy and Mandy.
Now, Grandma was married to Grandaddy Castella Goodwin.  He was born in 1876 and died in 1952. 
 Here he is with mom's brothers and sisters (mom is in the front) There were a total of 18 kids (2 wives)
Here he is with his first set of children with his 1st wife, Mattie.
And here he is as an older gentleman.
Now, his dad was William Addison Goodwin. He was born in 1851 and died in 1913. I have the newspaper where he was appointed trial justice (judge) by the governor. That's how Grandaddy Castella knew so many Congressmen and Senators. Everytime he got in trouble, they would stand his bond (I have those newspaper clippings too! William Addison died of rose cancer (melanoma?). It was on his face (just like Grandma Cat), and he was treated at the Mayo Clinic.
 And his wife Juriah Hutto Goodwin 1850-1934. Not too pretty is she?

And William Addison's dad was Joseph J Goodwin 1815-1891.
He was a master carpenter. He built his own house, and the story goes when they tore the house down they saved some of the internal tongue and groove work to put in the local museum . 
He was married to Olivia Williams 1824 to 1910. This is a picture of her with her grandson Baylus.
Sorry, I should have cropped this one.

Now, let's go to Grandma Naomi's mom......
Her name was Leila Pound AKA (little Grandma) 1894-1967. Here she is with her grandson Richard. 
Notice the boobs......I guess that's where we get them from!


Now, added in to all of these Grandparents was one more. Grandma Naomi had another husband, that was the only Grandaddy I knew as a child. His name was Hurley Murray. He ran a little store next door to his house. We always got free candy!

There are still more grandparents out there, like Ann Furtick. 1822-1883. She was married to John OJB Goodwin. I'll explain more about her later. He died in the Civil War.
Well, this is just MOM's side. I'll do dad's family next, then will follow-up with the McKeel's and the Lane's. At least I have some of these pictures here in case of another "lightening strike".
So, as you look through these, I want you to be able to name......."Grandma Who"?

No comments:

Post a Comment