I went to the Post Office to mail out a package today. I put in it in a priority flat rate box. The lady at the counter tells me $11. and something. I tell her no, I want the $5.00 box. She already has the sticker on it, and tells me that it is lightweight, but because it is in a flat rate box it is the $11 whatever.
I told her I didn't want to mail it then. I looked around for a regular priority box, but they were all flat rate. I repeated to her I wasn't paying 11 dollars for something I could have put in an envelope.
She acted as though she couldn't void the transaction, but then I saw her supervisor coming through, so she jerked those stickers off the box and gave me the box back.
Why don't they put on the boxes "Heavy things in this box", and "lightweight things in this box".
Just too many boxes, too many rules, and too much drama!
Now for the rest of the story!
We go to Mt Olive to the Pig Store (99 cent Pepsi). The Post Office is two doors down. I take my box, and go to the Post Office there to pay my $11 and whatever. I decided by the time I go home, repackage my box, the last mail truck would have already gone. Then I would have to go to the Goldsboro Post Office, because the Dudley Post Office isn't open on Saturdays. I hesitantly gave them my money, and shipped the package out. There! Now it is done with. They won! That's OK. Wait until Christmas, I will CRAM everything I can in tiny envelopes and boxes, just to see them bulge.
I will WIN this battle......... Battle of the Bulge!

No comments:
Post a Comment