I recently received a bill from Abigail Melnick, Md a bill for $2800.00. I couldn't figure out who this person was, so a quick Google search, and I found her. She was my anesthesiologist. As I was reading through the page I came across a note that said, "Let us know about your experience." Well, they asked, so I told. I relayed three different cases where my brain wasn't "quite right". I was positive they could tell me right off, "Oh this is a common side effect, or something." But no, this is what I got:
"I am sorry about your recent struggles with memory. If cognitive function remains a concern, I recommend you seek advice from your primary care physician. I informed Dr. Melnick of your concerns and she concurs."
Now, what is my primary care doctor going to say, "I don't know what they did, ask them, you're an old woman now, don't worry about it!" So, back I go to my math problems. Who needs fractions and percentages anyway? I just measured 1/2 cup oil and 1 cup water to make my pumpkin bread, so I will be just fine!
No comments:
Post a Comment