Saturday, February 28, 2015

Road Trip


Today I was Sherrill's chauffeur.  He needed to go to two jobs, so I offered to drive him. First we went to North Topsail Island. It was cold outside, but the sun was warming things up. 
Guess where was next on the grand adventure?


Yes, Jacksonville. We rode right by Saigon's Sam's and kept on going. If Chris had been with us, we would have stopped for sure.

We made it on to New Bern for our last stop. We were just riding around, and of course we ended up in the hood.....the real hood! The streets were so narrow only one car could go down some of them at a time. 

We finally found a Schlosky's Deli for a late lunch. I haven't eaten at one of them since they closed the one here. 

Then on to Uncle Rudy's, and back home. It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood!


2 comments:

  1. Oh yes.......I didn't know how you would like Grandpa knock, knock, knocking at your door.
    If I had know in advance we were coming, we would have called you. We didn't find out until late Friday afternoon. We were rushed to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete