Saturday, January 31, 2015

Isaac









Sherrill and I went to the church today an hour before the Visitation. Kyle's wife had fixed it all up last night. We even got there before the funeral home and the florist. We went around taking pictures.

During the visitation, about a hundred or so people came through. A lot of them was from his school, and of course church. There were so many little kids Eli's age. Everything went smoothly, then we had that long walk down the hall to the chapel.

When we got there the chapel doors were closed. They opened them for the casket, and there were literally hundreds of people standing shoulder to shoulder. I saw two empty front row seats, and one of them was reserved for family. The overflow area was even opened and filled with chairs.

That's when I started to cry. Just the mere number of people there was so overwhelming. And everyone was staring as we had to walk by. Sherrill has been really emotional since we received the first call. I wasn't sure he would even be able to make it as a pall bearer.

The service was fantastic, if you can say that about a funeral. Joe Roller out did himself. He had the Bishop and stake president both laughing and in tears. Joe's brother Kyle also spoke...straight from the heart. It was very touching.

Video taping is not allowed, but I did get permission to do just the audio. The camera was pointing to the ceiling on both the ipad and iPhone. The sound quality is not that good right now, but I am hoping when I transfer it to the computer I can adjust the volume, etc.

The pictures above were taken with the ipad. All the others are in my phone. I hope Kat has the cord so I can transfer them over. Oh, my charger should do that. I'll work on it and get out some more pictures as soon as I can.

Everyone has returned to their hotels, RV's and beds here. There have been a lot of laughs and tears.
I think a good rest will be good for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment