Sunday, January 11, 2015

Yesterday......a Pretty Good Day!


Where's Grandpa.......Yep sitting in his chair!
That's how he spent most of his day yesterday. Yes, it was cold outside, and he did need some rest, so he spent from 7:30 to about 2:00 pm in his chair. There was a Western on from 10-2, so he slept through most of that. I would go over and watch a few minutes with him, and ask what was going on, and he wouldn't know. It had cowboys in it though, so it was a good movie.

I just sat at the desk working on school work I was behind on. I had 5 lessons and tests I had not done, so I finally got caught up. Sherrill did go out and rake and burn leaves for about an hour, and then he moved the last of the Christmas stuff from the garage so I can turn it back into my work area.

I decided to move out to the garage/office/study when him and Jack want to just sit around and sleep.
We have the fireplace going out there, so it is warm. I'll just have to hook up the phone, move a laptop out there, and I will be ready to go. Oh yeah, there is even an extra printer, and all of my genealogy notebooks.

We ended up our evening with a fantastic meal. I had baked a ham, sweet potatoes, cabbage, and rice.
After that, you know it, more sleeping for him and Jack. I even checked his blood sugar to make sure he wasn't dead! He wasn't grouchy though, so that was nice. I had been the grouchy one the day before, so he knew to stay outta my way.

Old age can be hilarious. You never know what to expect. You can sit for hours thinking about what you want or need to do, then by the time you get up to do it, you realize you are too tired, and need to wait a little while longer. That's why I start cooking dinner every day around 2:00 pm. I get most of the food cooked, just leaving the meat to cook right before serving. I have my system down pat. 

Today is leftovers, with fresh potato salad, deviled eggs,  and rolls added to the menu. After that, you've got it, more sitting! 

The above posts is in no way meant to criticize or make fun of the aforementioned old man. I just don't know what it is about an old man and a chair. Don't they know a chair is for sitting, reading, and eating, not sleeping! ! ! !


No comments:

Post a Comment