Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Morning Funnies

I wish I had a picture of it! Sherrill at his best.
He has spent the last hour and a half getting ready for church. He pulls out a pair of slacks, they are wrinkled from the hanger the cleaner's used. He goes to get the ironing board (the rules are…..I will iron on Saturday, bit NOT Sunday. Check your clothes the night before and I will make any repairs. Wait until Sunday morning, and you are on your own!) He comes back with the ironing board, but no iron. He carries the ironing board back, and selects a different pair of slacks (he has at least 20 slacks and 30 something dress shirts!). Those are fine. Then he brings a shirt……does this shirt match the slacks. Sure! Next comes a handful of ties. Which one looks best. No dolphins, save those for summer. No PINK, too summery, that one is just ugly. HERE, wear this one. Next comes the jackets, this one, or this one…..It doesn't matter, either one. He gets his clothes all together, then he looks for his scriptures. He finds them easily, but can't find his glasses. He walks around for at least 10 minutes looking for his glasses.
He had just finished eating lunch before he got dressed. But, all that stress must have given him a craving for food. He walks out the door, dressed impeccably with a gallon of paint in one hand, a glass of Diet Pepsi, a banana, and his glasses. I think he must have forgotten his scriptures. He has to stop by the paint store before he goes to church to have his little gallon of paint shook up.
Sometimes I think HE needs a good shake to get that brain back going right.
While all of this is going on, Jack is on his bed in the kitchen crying because he knows Sherrill is leaving! Ohhhhh Just another Manic Sunday! You've gotta love them.
As for me, I am staying home doing paper work. I have a Worker's Comp Insurance audit next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment