Well,
You know how I THOUGHT I was caught up on everything…… Well, it hasn't worked out that way!
I did get through my Insurance audit this morning like a breeze! The little old man from Apex was really nice, and was running late for his next appointment in Kinston. He was in a hurry, and so was I!
Next I was going through some mail dad had sent. Everything was fine UNTIL I came across a Business Property Listing Form that I had mailed in a few weeks ago. Ugh…… it had been returned.
When Mrs Burnett was teaching me how to take over her secretarial duties, she explained to me that unless new equipment or machinery was purchased, she just fills in "Same as Last Year". WELL, I have been doing this since before 2009 (the year she died). It plainly states on the form if it is not filled out correctly that it will be returned, and it was!
Guess What! Now EVERYTHING in dad's shop has to be inventoried! Have you seen his shop recently? There are just little pathways to walk through! He has parts in there from the 1960's!
Oh Lawdy, Lawdy! Please, Please give me some help! I don't want Dad in jail, but that is WAAY to much work for me. You have to list every item, the year purchased, the cost, and depreciation value.
Any suggestions?? ? I wonder if I could just make a quick video and send it to them?
It looks like this will require a letter requesting an "Extension to File".
Oh Look, I found these pictures.
Even Eli is having problems figuring what this stuff is!

No comments:
Post a Comment