Monday, November 11, 2013

Something GOOD to eat


Saturday night I had taken pork chops out of the freezer to cook for Sunday dinner. I didn't want to fry them, didn't want to BBQ them, so I decided to bake them. I still had the quart jar of apples that Christy sent, so thins is what I did.
I browned the pork chops in some olive oil, about 5 minutes each side, salt and peppered them.
Then I took the jar of apples and poured them in a 10X13 baking dish. I sprinkled brown sugar, nutmeg, and cinnamon over them. I placed the pork chops on top, wrapped them tightly in aluminum foil, and put those babies in the oven for 45 minutes.
Those pork chops were so tender they would just fall apart! In the picture above it looks like they put onions when they were browning  the pork chops, but I didn't want onions with my apples.
I just dipped out a pork chop, then scooped up some apples and juice, and put on top the pork chop.
Hey, I might become a cook after all! That was some good eating, and easy too!
I can't wait to try it with fresh apples. Thanks for the apples Christy!

No comments:

Post a Comment