Saturday, November 16, 2013

Little girl Unknown


Look at this little girl.  Her photo was in the group I got from dad back in August. The name on the back was Audrey V Sutton. There was no one of that name to be found in NC.
Then I found her…………
Her name was Audrey V Sutton that married a Krauss. She was born in Delaware, and died in Pennsylvania. I made a connection with a picture of her
I saw posted on ancestry when she was 4 years old.
The connection to NC was her father
Ora Sutton, that was from no other than Hertford, North Carolina.
This lady was born 18 July 1904 and died 17 Jan 2004 at age 99.
I have already contacted someone in her family so I can forward them this cute picture of a little girl.

The word of advice here, please, please label all of your pictures. Every little child needs to be remembered, especially if they are one of yours!

Strangers in the Box 
By Pamela A. Harazim

Come, look with me inside this drawer, 
In this box I've often seen, 
At the pictures, black and white, 
Faces proud, still, serene. 
I wish I knew the people, 
These strangers in the box, 
Their names and all their memories 
Are lost among my socks. 
I wonder what their lives were like.
How did they spend their days? 
What about their special times? 
I'll never know their ways. 
If only someone had taken time 
To tell who, what, where, when, 
These faces of my heritage 
Would come to life again. 
Could this become the fate
Of the pictures we take today? 
The faces and the memories 
Someday to be tossed away? 
Make time to save your pictures, 
Seize the opportunity when it knocks, 
Or someday you and yours could be
The strangers in the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment