Friday, November 29, 2013

First Christmas Present for the Year……...

And it's all mine!
Mandy and Woody were out shopping Wednesday, and came across Walmart's clearance aisle. There was an employee there marking down items, which of course is what Mandy likes to do best. Mandy talks to her and realizes she is marking everything down half price. So, Mandy calls to tell us they are marking down Sharks to $50.00. Sherrill doesn't have a clue what she is talking about, but I had bought one for my mom a few years back.
This one the handle comes off so you can use it as a garment steamer, or any type of steamer. 
Sherrill goes off to Walmart, and after much confusion, he finally finds the Shark, but the employee had gone to lunch. Mandy tells him to go find ANY employee, and explain the situation, and they could get a manager to mark down the price. So, Sherrill goes to the paint department, where he feels most at home (there or the food aisle), and talks the lady into marking it down for him. 
I just pulled it out of the box, and let me tell you, after years of squeezing out that big old mop in the kitchen sink, this is a breeze. It is the PERFECT thing for the day after Thanksgiving! I still have to figure out how I can put ammonia on the floor to really clean everything. 
so, what started out as a $129.00 item, was marked down to $100., then down to $75, then all the way to $50. Yes! It is worth $50.00. And by the way, Grandma Cat keeps hers in her room so no one can use it. She doesn't even let the maid use it!
So………… how's your Black Friday going? 
Sherrill is out putting the shingles on the barn. He came in complaining how hard it was carrying them up the ladder. I offered to help, but he told me all I would be able to do was supervise, so I could stay inside! So, I'm in here just steaming away!

No comments:

Post a Comment