School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Monday, September 16, 2013
I'll be there Wednesday
Yesterday was full of last minute preparations. Christa came over to get the last minute "things to know about Jack". Mandy came by for final instructions. I called the folks to let them know I would be leaving Monday morning. All was well. Then, I called Kat to let her know I would be on the road Monday morning. The first thing out of her mouth was "I will be there on Wednesday".
What! I knew I wanted to go a day early so I could go and spend a day at St Augustine (we had an ancestor to be held in the dungeon of a prison there, and when he was released, the bright sun blinded him). I had to argue with Sherrill just to agree to that. But going TWO days early was NOT in the plan.
So, I had to text Christa and Mandy to tell them of the change.
Kat told me to find my rental contract to make sure I had booked the right dates, and yes I had. I guess I was just so excited I wanted to leave this place early.
So, now here we are, clothes packed, snacks and drinks are packed, house is clean, and here we sit watching TV! Just another wasted Monday, and we could be on the road. I told Sherrill we could still leave today, and stop by Savannah to see Paula Deen! Our last trip south we stayed in Savannah, and always said we wanted to go back. But no, not this trip! The boss said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Why did you tell daddy? You could have just started and then said your a day early. You would have been to far from home to go back and got an extra day of fun. Next time keep your mouth shut.
ReplyDeleteI know. He was so bored all day.
ReplyDeleteKat called tonight and he asked when she was going to get there. I told him THURSDAY, and he almost jumped out of his chair.
I told him I had plans, he just doesn't listen! I had to finally tell him she would be there Wednesday so his blood pressure would go down!