Saturday, June 15, 2013

Work, and work


Why did I volunteer? Yep, all this week I have offered to help Sherrill work in the yard. I was to rake the leaves, and he was to burn them. I was to cut the grass, and he was to paint the deck. Added in there I had to clean house, do three loads of laundry, and cook the meals. Somehow that  doesn't seem quite fair. 
I was late getting out to rake the leaves. I had to get a letter off to Chris, then Christa and her friend stopped by, and on and on. By the time I got outside, he just motioned to the mower. He already had it gassed up and ready to go. I think this makes the 10th straight week for me mowing the lawn. This WILL NOT become a habit.
He did get the deck painted and ladies, it worked GREAT. One coat is on, but then we had to go back to Lowe's to get more. Chrsity said we really do need to put on two coats, and I agree. I'll take a picture when we get it finished.
It's 3:45 now, and we are inside taking a break. We still have the car to clean out and wash, and then it will be time to fire up the grill. I am ready to climb in a nice hot shower. I tried to talk him into let's power washing the back fence, but I think he's just too tired!
I think we will both sleep good tonight. It's nice having a cool house to come in to. I fell sorry for all of those without power since the storm. 
Gotta get up and get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment