School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Tuesday, June 11, 2013
Let me tell you about your DAD
It all started a little over a week ago. Sherrill had received a call from Ricky, and they talked for an hour mostly gossip and health troubles (Ricky had a heart attack a few years back). I was happy, because he carried the phone outside so I could watch TV. The next day as we were eating dinner Sherrill informed ME that he was eating too much meat, and I shouldn't cook that much. He told me he needed to cut back on how much he ate......... this after he had just downed 4 or 5 pieces of chicken! I told him OK, that I would help him out.
So, Saturday morning I got up, made some home made pimento cheese (even grating the cheese myself), macaroni salad, jello and fruit salad, and deviled eggs. He came in to eat, and asked "Where's the meat". I explained there was none, and he could make a sandwich. HE digs through the refrigerator and finds some chicken, rice, and gravy, and fixes his plate. This from the man that wants to cut back on his chicken. Yes, he did cut back to just three pieces this time.
I think the problem is I cook enough meat for him to carry some to work the next day. He decides to "eat it until it is gone". So, when I fry, grill, or bake him two pieces of chicken for dinner, I cook the same number for lunch the next day. I can't help if he eats them all at the same time! And let's not even start on the pork chops.
I wonder what he would do if he sat at the table, and there was just ONE piece of meat?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I say just stop cooking, then let him cook his own food.
ReplyDelete