School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Monday, May 21, 2012
Mmm Mmm Good
It all started with a recipe I found for a banana cake. It looked like banana bread almost, but cooked in cake pans, with a cinnamon buttercream frosting. James came over the day before Mother's day to see what I wanted. I told him, "There's a recipe on the desk, get Abby to make that for me". He looked at the recipe, and returned it to the desk. The next day he brought me in a bunch of bananas along with other gifts. The bananas sat on the dining room table to ripen. Finally by Saturday I made me some banana bread (and 6 muffins). I decided against the cake because I wasn't in the mood for anything real sweet.
Here's the recipe I used
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/8 t salt
1 t soda
2 cups flour
3 large bananas
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
Cream together butter and sugar. Add one egg at time. Sift dry ingredients together. Slowly add to mixture. Stir in bananas and chopped pecans.
Pour into well greased pan and bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes. ( It said to cook for 1 hr and 15 mins)
I used some of the batter for muffins, so it took less cooking time.
It was deeeeelicious. The only thing I would change is next time substitute walnuts. Give it a try.
Now, if I were the health nut, I could have used applesauce instead of margarine. But, you know me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment