School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Beautiful Day for Yard Work
It's a great day to be outside. After all the rain last night that cooled everything down, it's a beautiful day to get out and get some work done. Sherrill and I both grabbed a rake and started on the back yard.
We let the pine straw and leaves cover one portion of the back side yard, but this year we decided to rake it all out. The leaves were too wet to burn today, so we have them gathered up in piles all over the yard. Every now and then a big wind comes along and moves them from place to place, but other than that they are staying together. I guess Monday afternoon will be burn time. I might need to notify the neighbors!
After the leaves are gone, we are going to cut down a few trees. I have these red tip "bushes" that have grown into 30 ft trees. There are so many of them, I'm going to cut some back down to bush size (if it works). If not, I guess I'll end up digging them up!
Ane the grass has to be fertilized.
And then there's the burned fence.....remember from 2 years ago? We still have a few panels to replace.
And then there's the retaining wall that needs to be rebuilt with brick.
And the annuals to plant out front.
And the flower bed on the side of the house to be cleaned out so Sherrill can plant something.
And the top of the little barn needs to be replaced (the whole top)!
And the oak trees I have been growing in oversized flower pots need to be planted.
And the back fence and front fence need to be stained. (I've already bleached them down)
And the back deck needs to be stained.
And I need to sell my hot tub. I want to put patio furniture back there, so we can sit back and "chill".
And on, and on, and on.
We are going to hire Sherrill a "little helper". The old man needs a little help every now and then!
That's what's going on at my house. What's going on at yours?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment