Monday, May 7, 2012

Google Earth

I went to google maps today searching for an address Sherrill has to work at. It showed the street view of the house, and you could pan around and see the neighborhood. Cool! Then I googled my address, saw what the house looked like in 2007, even saw Sherrill's old van sitting in the yard. Here's what it looked like.
As usual, I was paranoid with the privacy issue, so then I decided to google my sister's address.
This is what I got.

Now, I'd like for someone to find her house from this picture. Notice the river on the left, go midway to the first green patch, and she is somewhere in there!
  The question for the day, if google gets their images from overhead satellites, how do they get a street level view? Is there a little satellite strapped to a remote control car traveling down the road?
  Looks like I've found my job for the day, googling everyone's address! Beware, Big Brother is watching you!

No comments:

Post a Comment