The saga continues......
Yesterday James and Abby came over with the kids. We spent a couple of hours working on Cindy's Christmas present. Abby was working out the design, James was working with measurements, and I was mostly just supervising (how surprising is that?). I realized I needed a table saw. Ours burnt up in the fire, so I ordered one online that was on sale, and Mandy went and picked it up last night. It was too late to do anything then, so we started back after lunch today.
We needed Mandy's help to put the thing together. First they had to build the table, then attach the saw to the table. It went pretty smoothly. They got it fired up, and cut some wood. They were working with little pieces of molding, trying to cut a 1/4 inch groove in each piece. Sherrill would start the cut, pushing the molding to Mandy, and she would pull it on through. I was sitting in the dining room looking out the sliding glass doors, and Sherrill fell to the ground and was yelling. Mandy stepped back, and I ran to the kitchen to grab a clean dish towel, I just knew he had cut off a finger! I went out there and yelled that here was a towel. Sherrill got off the ground, stood up and said, I don't need a towel. I asked him what was he yelling for then, and he told me Mandy didn't grab the wood, and it jumped back at him and hit him the upper leg. A couple of inches more, and the family jewels would have been damaged. He was fussing, Mandy was stressing, and I just came inside. They got the molding cut, now I need Abby again to help out with some design flaws, and we will be off again! Sherrill is going tomorrow for more wood to make one for the other kids. He is hoping the next ones will go smoother. Mandy and I have both decided that Sherrill is NOT allowed to operate the table saw without supervision.
Here's a couple of pictures of the two workers!
No comments:
Post a Comment