Monday, January 24, 2011

Why do mom's worry?

Why do mom's worry so much? Mandy came by after work and hung around until about 5:00. She went on home to feed the kids (they don't care for Grandma's Chili) About an hour later I was calling her to see if her heat was working OK and what she had the thermostat on. Please tell me, why do I care? I'm not paying the bill. So what if she has both units jacked up to 80 degrees. If that's what makes her happy, go for it.

And then there were the doors. While I was there today (in the 50 degrees) waiting for the repairman, I went around and checked all the doors in the house. This house has alot of doors too! The front door was locked tight. The garage door was locked, but not closed tightly. One little pull, and the door opened. The living room sliding glass door was locked. The sun room leading to the deck was locked. The sunroom door leading to the kitchen was open. The door from the downstairs bedroom leading outside was locked, but not closed tight. Now, who is going to go through this house every night and lock all those doors? Not me! I'll have to tell Meghan to check them everyday to keep the werewolves out.

Mandy is a responsible adult, but I still worry. I won't even get started on Kathy's plans to leave Isaac with his other Grandma while she makes a business trip out of town. That's another whole story. And then there's Kelli, and the baby. She too is responsible enough, but how is she going to get enough sleep and take care of a baby by herself. And then there's my mom slipping off to South Carolina without letting me know she was leaving town........who's supposed to feed my dad? And then there's Christy, sending out mass emails saying, "I'm turning my phone off. If you need me, email me!" What! What's this about! What have I done now?

Don't worry Judy.......just be happy. You can't control the world, only the 50 foot radius around you. One day you will realize this! In the meantime, just sit back and smile!

Just file the above message under Rants and Raves of an old Woman!

4 comments:

  1. Just to make things better. No need to worry here...i can do that all by myself. Cameron is tracked out for three weeks and is working with Randy (he did fantastic). So I worry about him eating, the cold and getting in the way. But all is well. Then i can worry again when they leave for his mom's without me.....more to come on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I live 51 feet away, anyway life is a lot simplier when you have a son like James!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Cameron is having fun with his dad. Now, for the trip next week, things might get a little tense......especially if they are driving for 20 hours.

    Yes, James is a good son, but he has added quite of few gray hairs! Thank goodness for Clairol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. James said!! not Abby
    James has quite a lot of gray too!

    ReplyDelete