The house was quiet today. Mandy came by after church and ate lunch with us, then went on home for an afternoon of TV on the couch. We got the bedroom put together, the floors vacuumed, and the house straightened. It will soon be bedtime, and everything is still in order.That seems strange. I'm use to walking around toys on the floor, coats and shoes lying around,
and snack foods on the table. I almost left their lemonade on the table after lunch. This was a regular "thing", having something for them to drink ready at all times. I learned fast that saved an extra trip to the kitchen every 20 minutes.
The "empty nest" will be not so empty starting tomorrow morning about 5:30AM. Now that is early! Mandy will slip in as usual, fix Seth's lunch box, and get his backpack ready for school.
He will fall asleep on the couch, and Meghan will climb in the bed. Sherrill will get Seth up for school around 6:30, and the day begins again. I really hate that she has to get them up and out so early, but I guess that's a part of being a good mom. By 7:00 he rushes out the door, trying to beat Lauren to the bus stop in her front yard, so he can be the first one on the bus.
Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow, especially Seth and Meghan. Hope all of this moving doesn't get them too much "out of whack", "off centered", "confused", you know what I mean.
Smile, someone is watching you!
No comments:
Post a Comment