Saturday, January 1, 2011

Potato Soup


I've got the black eyed peas soaking, but I wanted a little different to eat with them. I know I have to make potato salad for Sherrill, but I just don't want that. So, I found this recipe for Potato Soup. I have it in the crock pot now. I can't wait to see how it turns out. It should be nice on a chilly wintery day!

Potato/Bacon Soup

2 cans Swansons Chicken Broth - regular

1 can Swansons Chicken Broth with garlic

8 cups chopped potatoes 1 medium onion chopped

1 can cream of Chicken soup


Put in your crock pot and cook until potatoes are soft, 4-6 hours.

Then add 1 - 8 oz. cream cheese which has been softened in the microwave

3 oz. of Homel Real bacon bits. ( I"M USING REAL BACON OF COURSE)

Stir and continue heating until cheese is melted. Serve with grated cheese and parsley flakes on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment