Saturday, September 11, 2010

Busy Busy week

I haven't been blogging as I should. I never even took the time to post pictures of my two birthday babies Chris and Olivia. I had a quilting class on Tuesday, and we have to have the main part of our quilt finished by next week's class. I start with 4 1/4 in squares that I have to cut in half diagonally, then I have to cut again. I take these 4 pieces, and cut them in half. Then I have to sew, press, cut, sew. press, and match up all along. I have to match up a 4 1/4, 3 1/4, 3, and 2 1/2 squares, and sew them into a tower, then cut them into a wedge, then sew 35X4 of them into a circle. Now, I can't even see to measure some of these 1/4 inches.
Anyway, it has been real stressful, so Mandy has helped me with the pressing and matching........that was until she decided to create her OWN design. The last 3 hours today I spent taking out what was done wrong. She really has been a great help though.

Lauren had a grandparent's day at school today. I drag out early so I can be at school a little past 8. Who knew there would be hundreds of cars there? I had to park down the street across the road and walked what seemed to be a mile. Abby's mom came later than me, so she had even further. The little kids were just adorable. It's been awhile since I've hung out at a school.

I don't know if Kat has posted it yet or not, but she will be moving to Washing state the first of next month. There goes our Las Vegas Vacations!

Still no more news on Kelli. Girl, where are you? Go to the public library for internet service!

I haven't heard about Chris birthday. I'm sure he had an exciting time!

Mandy, Seth, and Meghan have gotten into their routine.....well, kinda sorta. Meghan still refuses to take an afternoon nap. She will sit on the bed and cry, or repeat to herself over and over, "I'm NOT taking a nap, I'm NOT taking a nap". She is quite head strong! Don't know where she might have gotten that from :)

Seth really seems to enjoy his school. He sees his teacher drive by every morning when she leaves for school. She's just around the corner on the next block! Football and soccer games start next week. This should be exciting!

That's about it. Oh yeah, it really is 3:00 AM. I couldn't sleep......worry about those little 1/4 inch squares waiting for me!
Oh well, tomorrow IS another day. Hope ALL of you make it a good one.

Prayers out to Joe and James who will be on the road traveling today. (not together) Stay safe guys.

Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Let me just say that I wasn't picking my own design. I was trying to FIX them. Now she's done and my way was right!! She just blames it on me being left handed and her right handed!

    ReplyDelete