Monday, August 23, 2010

Kathy stem cell studies report

I just read this on my cousin Kathy's caring bridge site.

Monday, August 23, 2010 3:55 PM, EDT
Hi Everyone,

I want to thank all of you for your tremendous support throughout this process of getting stem cells for my illness. I want to let you know some information I had that was under embargo until 3:01pm today (August 23). Now that it is past that time, I am able to let you know that a huge discovery has taken place. At the Proceding for the National Acadamy of Sciences today at 3:01pm, it was announced to the FDA, the CDC, and the NIH that there has been a new discovery of a virus that is the CAUSE of CFS! However, it is NOT XMRV as previously suspected - it is worse. This virus is not a mouse virus nor an ancient germ. It is a HUMAN gamma retrovirus. My spinal fluid tests immediately prior to the first stem cell treatment has been frozen to be tested for this virus. My doctor said, "There is apparently a whole lot more under heaven and earth than XMRV". I am taking an additional supplement that is supposed to educate my immune system cells (now that I actually have some natural killer cells from stem cells) to seek out and destroy this virus. I am feeling the success of that, and am hopeful that I can succeed in all the protocols my doctor has set out to help me keep this virus from infecting my new cells. I am excited about the newest advances, and there will be much, much more in the news after Sept 4.

I am feeling better, but I have realized that since I didn't get sick in a short amount of time, I won't get well overnight. However, I am doing far better than Dr. Cheney's other patient who received the stem cell treatments on the same days I did.

I look forward to the time when I will be able to see each of you and tell you thank you for your cards, notes of encouragement, and financial assistance for this very special event in my life! I FINALLY feel as if I am truly going to have a chance to participate in life again! Halelluia! Thanks Be To God!

1 comment:

  1. Ok maybe it's just me but what does all the ABC's and EFG's really mean. Break it down... Ma you know the answer

    ReplyDelete