Monday, August 23, 2010

Today's the day.....August 23rd




Today's the day......August 23rd. The day I've been waiting for. Tonight Seth and Lauren go to meet their teachers. This will shortly be followed by the first day of school. Yeaahhhhh! ! ! I always hated to see my kids go back to school, because that put an end to summer vacations and trips to the beach. This time though, I can't wait.
I can't wait to hear from the teacher why Seth asks 10,000 questions a day. I can't wait for him to practice sitting still for more than 3 minutes a time. I can't wait to hear about what happens the first time Lauren tells the teacher "NO", and puts that hand on her hip and walks away. Yes, WE did teach her to be independent! I am kinda sad though that little Carter will be alone at a school where he doesn't know anyone. All he will need is alot of hugs and he will be fine.

Cameron has already started back to school, but I haven't heard from him. Kenny has started back and he seems to be adjusting....still sitting by himself on the school bus, and walking around the playground by himself at recess. With all these different grand kids, and all their different personalities, I'm thankful that it's the mom's and dad's that have to deal with it all. It was so much easier in "the olden days". You could tell a child to "sit down and shut up, and they did." You could tell the neighbors child to "sit down and shut up, and they did". These days, you are not even allowed to mutter the words "Shut up", but you can sing the lyrics about my humps and bumps. Go figure?

OH well, the school days will soon be upon us. Please keep everyone posted about YOUR kids! And Heavenly Father, please bless all the teachers of our little darlings!

1 comment:

  1. And I get Izzy and Meg. ;) I guess I'm gonna have to start finding things for us to do.

    Yes everyone, there is finally a child that likes Mandy over Kathy!! :) lol

    ReplyDelete