Monday, July 27, 2015

But wait.... here's another

LEMON 7-UP POUND CAKE 
CAKE:

3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) butter
3 cups sugar
5 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. lemon extract
3/4 cup 7-Up

Cream sugar and butter, beat until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Add flour, beat in lemon extract and 7-Up. Grease and flour Bundt pan well.Bake at 350°F for one hour and fifteen minutes or until done.

ICING:

3 cups confectioners' sugar
4 tbsp. butter
1 tsp. lemon extract

Mix and frost.

3 comments:

  1. The picture below goes with this recipe. I got them mixed up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cheat and buy the lemon pound cake from Aldi and pretend its mine......totally looks like the picture with less work. 😃

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up Aldi. The closest one is in Kinston or Wilson. Is this where you buy cake by the slices, or is that Carlie C's? Cameron told me about that!

    ReplyDelete