I forgot to tell you the best part.........
Seems as though old "granny" got disowned from the Quaker Church when she was 20 years old for dancing. Now don't you just LOVE her even more? ! ? And yes, this can be proven. It is online in the Quaker records.
It's all about those Worrells, 'bout those Worrell's.....not McKeel's
![]() |
| Bettie Worrell McKeel (1875-1965) |
| Bettie McKeel and her mother Nancy Ann Daniels Worrell (1852-1941) |
![]() |
| Emma, Kirby, and Bettie Worrell Brothers and sisters |
I have been in contact with some "Worrell" cousins, so now I am working on them.
This is your Grandma Bettie. She lived with Aunt Pauline in Faison right before she died.
She had broken her hip, was sent to the hospital for a while, then it was time to come home.
She still couldn't stand or sit. So, Aunt Pauline contacted Tyndall Funeral home and had them pick
her up in the hearse and bring her home. This was one tough little lady! ! !
Oh, and if you ever wonder what happened to her family bible, Aunt Pauline gave it to her nephew Elvin Butts that lives in Dunn. Elvin is a preacher, and so it his son. I wish I had made copies of those
pages.


No comments:
Post a Comment