Thursday, July 30, 2015

Grandma vs iTunes

Yes, it's about that time. Time for another war...Grandma vs modern technology. I downloaded a movie to watch on iTunes the other day. No problem, I do it all the time. This time however, every time it woud get 5 minutes 45 seconds into the movie, it would freeze up.  I would start it again, and the same thing.  So.....I called Apple support. I was quick to remind them that I had not called in MONTHS. They took control of my Mac, and yep, 5 mins 45 secs later, it did the same thing.
GOTCHA! It wasn't a GRANDMA problem, it was an iTunes problem. So, he decided to just have me download the movie instead of streaming it. Now that was the way to go.  BUT, when he started the download, he started reading Yo Gabba Gabba Season 4, Dora the Explorer....season whaterver.
Yo Gabba Gabba ...... You know the drill.
He was quick to ask if I really LIKED Yo Gabba Gabba that much. I told him of course, and we waited for all the downloads so I could get my movie.
NOW...... fast forward to today. Blake is here with me, and he will be going to church with me this afternoon. So, I decide to download some Peppa Pig episodes for him. I opened the Sony, downloaded the current version of iTunes, and started to download all the Yo Gabba Gabbas, Doras, and Peppa Pigs. But what does it say...."This computer is not authorized". Long story short, it took me about 20 minutes to figure how to authorize the laptop, got that done, so now I am  downloading as I type. One small problem with all of this though. It tells me I have 5 computers authorized, and I only have 3 computers, only 2 of which has iTunes on it..... and the iPad. That's a problem for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment