School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Thursday, June 26, 2014
Old Men
Today I spent a large part of my day talking to two of my favorite senior citizens, Grandaddy Joe, and Uncle Rudy. Now these men are 85 and 87 years old, and still don't mind explaining how things work.
My first conversation began asking me to find pictures of a conversion kit, converting a gasoline generator to propane. NOW......I know how interesting this must be to ALL of you. But, as I learned today, this really IS done, and I found the pictures to prove it! ! !! And.....dad can do it! After this was accomplished, there was still other tasks to do.
Next came the conversation with Uncle Rudy. He's getting a distributor cap for granddaddy's tractor.
In this conversation I learned the difference in the carburetors of the John Deere 40 and 50. Now, we had just been through this same conversation Friday night as we were walking through the fields looking at all 14 tractors on the farm! Would you like me to tell you the difference and similarities?
Sometimes they ARE interchangeable.
What wonderful things we can learn from the older generation if we just take the time and put on our listening ears. It's not always convenient, or interesting, but you really can learn a lot!
I just LOVE me some Old Men!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment