Thursday, June 19, 2014

Going for a Ride


Remember the van in the yard I have been complaining about for the past 9 months?  Well, today it
went for a ride. The battery was dead, so Sherrill got the bright idea to have Mandy pull him down the road. She did. It started, and she came back to the house. A few minutes later I get a call, "Tell Mandy to come get me, and bring the rope". She goes through the neighborhood to find him, and there he is..........driving in reverse down the road. She comes back to the house, and still no Sherrill.
He calls again, "Tell her to come back and get me." They get all the way to the driveway, then tries to get up the hill, and the rope breaks.....and breaks......and breaks. He finally has to go through the neighborhood to find a chain before he get it back in the yard.
And oh, did I mention he left it in the middle of the road for about 20 minutes during this time.
It didn't bother him a bit.
Well, he promises......MAYBE it will be gone in two more weeks, when he can get a day off!
I think he finally realizes he can't drive it to the junk yard.

2 comments:

  1. this post literally just made me laugh out loud at work! hilarious. you and your stories crack me up...and grandpa is a mess of his own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelli,
    Glad you are still alive. Girl.....what's up? Where are my pictures?
    You would NOT believe all the drama around here! I could go on for days.
    Oh, I'm taking a class now online from a teacher in Carlsbad, CA on writing your life story.
    I do have plenty of stories to tell. I just can't have it published until I am dead and gone.
    Appropriate title will be "Grandma Uncensored"!

    ReplyDelete