Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day


The phone rings this morning while I am still asleep

Me: Hello
Dad: Judy, I am going to pick up your Uncle Hallett after church and go visit Velma (their 90 year old sister). While we are out I thought I would go by to see Robert.
Me: Robert who?
Dad: Robert Evans
Me:  Who's that?
Dad: You are the one that does family history! Don't you know who my cousin Robert is?
Me: No dad. Have a nice ride.
Dad: I need you to help me find which Robert he is. There are a lot of them in the phone book. And I want to put his address in the GPS.
Me: Ummmm......how am I supposed to do that?
Dad: Get on the internet when you get a chance.
Me: OK dad.......right now. Hold on.
       Here he is...... Robert Evans......87 years old......He's the Robert O.
Dad: Yep, that's the one. I thought it was.

This is just one of the million and one reasons I LOVE my dad. He knows he can call me at ANYTIME and I am willing to help him out, but most of all he is ALWAYS there when I need anything.

Happy Father's Day to all of you dad's out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment