School Years 2009 until.......whenever. Lots of kids, AND grandkids AND lots of surprises!
Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Mmm Hot Sweet Potato Muffins
There's no better smell than a batch of baking sweet potato muffins. You have to get up and start them early though to beat the heat. With some days topping out at 100 degrees, baked goods are few and far between.
Last week I decided to get the sweet potatoes. I ended up using half of them for yams to go with Sherrill's chicken pastry on Sunday. Today I decided was muffin day. Glad I did too! Now I can just sit back and smell that cinnamon!
I hate cooking in the kitchen when it is so hot. Well, to be honest, I don't like cooking anyway. The other morning I asked Sherrill if I could fry his chicken early morning, that we were having that night. He just looked at me, rolled his eyes, and "Whatever", or something like that came out.
I did cook his boiled potatoes, field peas and snaps, squash, and fix his cucumbers earlier in the day, but did save his fried chicken for the afternoon.
Keep it cool folks on these hot summer days! There's just more of them to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I am so jealous of dad. Those are my favorite, well actually the whole meal is awesome
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI try to feed him good.
ReplyDelete