Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Out with the Old


    Years ago I received this address book as a gift. I started writing addresses in it, but for some reason stopped with the letter E. People were moving, people were dying, and I felt it was futile (having no useful result) to keep on writing. The book has sat in my desk drawer, just waiting to be used.
    I have finally decided it is time to go out with old, and in with the new! My old address book was such a charmer. It included everyone's birthday in no particular order. All the girl scouts leaders I worked with during the early 80's. All my AIDS workers and contacts during the 90's. All my genealogy contacts, as well as family and friends. I can tell you just about every place you have lived in the past 33 years. I even have old school addresses when I sent "goodies" to the grandkids schools. Also include are the names and phone numbers of Drs mom and dad have been to. And, where else could you find everyone's blood type, yes, the back page of the address book.
   When Kurt was applying for his current position, I even pulled out the old address book to show to the lady doing the security check to show where everyone had lived.  As years have passed by, so have many of the people listed in the book. So, it's time for a new one.
   This time though, names will be neatly typed onto address labels, then placed in the book. This way, if anyone moves, I can correct the address with a simple cover-up. So, wish me luck.
 

2 comments: